How do I get motivated?

I think everybody knows the situation. You´re sitting in front of your desk and getting through the stuff you have to do. “It´s so much…How will I manage?”, you´re asking yourself. “Well…if I start now, I´ll be finished in time.”, you´re thinking. You´re grabbing a piece of paper and your pen but you don´t start. “WHY? I don´t want to. There are loads of other things, which I can do and they´re more interesting. Let´s binge-watch my favourite series.”, you´re deciding.

It´s hard to get enough motivation for the work you have to do. Here are a few tips:

Create an area where you feel comfortable:

It´s important to have a place where you can focus on the work you have to do. There shouldn´t be anything which distracts you. Tidy up the desk, get organized and decorate it. You like flowers? Great! Decorate it with flowers. You like the colour blue? That´s cool! Decorate the desk with bluish items. Make sure that you have enough space to do your work.

What´s your goal?

If you have goals, you´re more likely to get your work done. It doesn´t have to be a big one. Most importantly: It´s not all about great marks. Do you have to study for a subject you´re bad in? Your goal can be showing yourself that you can improve with challenging work.
Try to find the answer to the question “Why?”:
I know sometimes it might be hard to find an answer but just try it. If you have a dream job, it may be necessary to do this thing.

Think about how you´ll feel after you´ve done the work:

You´ll feel awesome and you´ll be proud! If you do the work quickly, you´ll have time for things you want to do.

Think about a reward:

If you know that you can eat your favourite sweets after you are done with your work, you´ll probably be more motivated because you´re looking forward to your reward.

Special tip: If you have to learn vocabulary, you can eat one gummy bear per ten correctly learned words.

Just start!

Believe me. Just start with the first few words and you´ll continue. The beginning is the hardest part.


Believe in yourself and make it happen!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

20 facts about me

How to overcome stressful situations